Sycamore pilot recovering after plane crash
DEKALB (AP) — A Sycamore man is in good condition in a Rockford hospital after crashing his small plane south of the DeKalb Airport.
WNIJ Radio reports that 62-year-old James Auman was flown by helicopter to St. Anthony Medical Center after he was pulled from the plane's wreckage.
Auman was alone in the plane Tuesday when it lost power, crashed and flipped in a cornfield.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating to determine what caused the crash. It comes less than 24 hours after a medical helicopter went down near Rochelle, killing the pilot and two flight nurses.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill