Junior’s free throws help lift Dixon past L-P
Bailey comes up big
Brooke Bailey went 12-for-14 from the free-throw line and scored a game-high 21 points to lead Dixon to a 36-31 Northern Illinois Big 12 West win Tuesday at LaSalle-Peru.
Kari Wolfe hit two 3-pointers for her six points, and Kacie Dillow contributed five points for the Duchesses (4-7, 2-1).
Dixon trailed 7-6 after one quarter and 11-10 at the half before taking a 21-20 lead after three quarters.
Morrison 50, Polo 47: Lakin Goodman scored eight of her 29 points in the first quarter as Morrison raced out to a 20-11 lead and then had to hang on for a win in Polo.
Goodman made nine 2-point field goals and three 3-pointers. Chelsea Eads added 11 points for Morrison (2-5).
Polo’s Aleetra Roberts had 27 points, seven rebounds and three steals. Alina Llanas added nine points and six assists for the Marcos (3-7).
Byron 59, West Carroll
23: The Thunder remained winless for the season after falling behind 25-2 in the first quarter in Polo.
Kaylee Vos led West Carroll (0-5) with eight points. Emily Lehne led Byron (11-0) with 11 points.
Prophetstown 62, Milledgeville 26: The Prophets (12-1) rolled to a 2-0 record at the Polo tournament with a
lopsided win over the Missiles (1-9).
Pearl City tournament
Fulton 52, Orangeville 25: Morgan Sanquist continued a recent hot streak with 20 points as the Steamers jumped out to a 17-3 lead after one quarter and never looked back in Pearl City.
Samantha Raab added 10 points, including the game’s only 3-pointer, for Fulton (5-7).
Eastland 41, RRSM 40: The Cougars pulled out a one-point win over Scales Mound-River Ridge at Pearl City to improve to 11-1.
Faith Christian 48, Quad City Christian 16: Tressa Schuler had nine points, and three other players scored eight each as the Falcons used a balanced attack to beat Quad City Christian in Grand Detour.
Sarah Smith, Krista Beach and Katrina Lowry each scored eight points for Faith (9-1, 5-0 NICC). Smith nabbed six steals and Beach added five rebounds and five steals.
Lakin Goodman, Morrison, 29 points
Aleetra Roberts, Polo 27 points, 7 rebounds
Brooke Bailey, Dixon, 21 points
Morgan Sanquist, Fulton, 20 points
More Local News
- Dixon’s Duncan, Sterling’s Zuidema keep their cool in Charleston
- Local athletes make most of chance to run at Charleston
- It’s not hard to say goodbye at state
- Boys track: Rude leads Newman state qualifiers; Panthers win sectional
- Dixon’s Gieson qualifies for state in two events
- Boys track & field: Hawks finish off Le-Win, send all four relays to state
- Rock Falls, Sterling geared up for second meeting away from
- Duchesses building program one step at a time
- Preview capsules for 3A baseball and softball regionals
- Mixed martial arts: Local residents to compete in international jiu-jitsu tourney