East Moline woman dies when car goes in river
MOLINE (AP) — Authorities in western Illinois say a 28-year-old East Moline woman died after her car plunged into the Mississippi River.
Rock Island County Coroner Brian Gustafson tells The (Moline) Dispatch (http://bit.ly/QTHuXy ) that the woman is believed to have been speeding on River Drive in Moline when she lost control of the vehicle Monday.
Her name wasn't immediately released, pending notification of relatives.
Authorities say the vehicle was spotted when a patrol officer noticed tail lights bobbing in the water. Police say divers found the car and the woman's body was inside when it was pulled out of the water.
More State News
- Quinn signs into law tough fracking regulations
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Madigan seeks 2nd delay on Illinois gun plan
- Equality Illinois gears up for 2014 election fight
- Counselors at SIUC after student dies in wreck