Obese Ohio killer fights execution
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – At about 450 pounds, Ohio death row inmate Ronald Post is so fat that his executioners won’t be able to find veins in his arms or legs for the lethal injection, and he might even break the death chamber gurney, his lawyers say.
If the state is forced to use a backup method that involves injecting the drugs directly into muscle, the process could require multiple doses over several hours or even days, resulting in cruel and unusual punishment, they say.
More Nation & World News
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- Senate panel OKs immigration bill
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Power of Moore tornado dwarfs Hiroshima bomb
- Obama: Nation to stand by Oklahoma survivors ‘as long as it takes’