Letter writer stands by her stated views
This is in response to Richard Rowland’s letter [“Challenges the beliefs of letter writer,” Nov. 28] about my letter, “Now it’s up to Congress to work together,” printed on Nov. 17.
1. I stand by my letter 100 percent.
2. I never said Obama won by a landslide mandate.
3. Your remark about the dead people in Chicago who “probably” voted is laughable.
4. I do think college-educated people do make wiser and more informed voters.
5. The Benghazi attack was a tragedy, for sure, but it should not have been made into a political football.
6. As far as the benefits I receive from hardworking taxpayers of which I, too, am one, I do receive Social Security. Period.
Let’s just say we have a difference of opinion and leave it at that.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Plant sale was a success
- Food pantry thankful for generosity
- Memorial Day founder largely escapes notice in 21st century
- Grateful for aid to brother
- Conservatives and pensions