Local roundup: Sterling bowlers roll through DeKalb
Amber Granzow rolled a 581 series and Brandy Behrens a 568 as the Golden Warriors rolled past Kaneland 3,267-2,795 on Tuesday at Mardi Gras Lanes in DeKalb.
Sterling (1-1, 1-1 NIB 12), which swept all 10 points in the conference matchup, also got a 558 series from Destinee Howard.
Winnebago 2,462, Oregon 2,169: The Hawks slipped to 1-3 with a loss to the Indians at Don Carter Lanes in Rockford.
Oregon was led by freshman MacKenzie Tague’s 498 series.
Oregon 3,579, Winnebago 3,415: Oregon freshman A.J. Nordman’s 646 series helped the Hawks to get a win over Winnebago at Don Carter Lanes in
Brandon Taylor added a 622 series to help the Hawks. Gunnar Womac led Winnebago with a team-high series of 604.
Polo drops pair: The Marcos dropped a pair of home matches, 57-24 against Freeport and 61-9 against Dakota.
Ethan Cain (145 pounds), Jeff Kimpel (182) and Miguel Dominguez (195) won against the Pretzels. Zach
Hagemann (170) won against the Indians.
Sherrard 59, Fulton 16: Aaron Fields (132) and Ethan Jones (138) won matches for the Steamers in a road loss against the Tigers.
Byron 42, West Carroll 30: Jeff Casey (126), Jacob Klein (182), Jacob Carey (195) and Brandon Anderson (220) won bouts for the Thunder in a home loss against the Tigers.
More Local News
- Dixon’s Duncan, Sterling’s Zuidema keep their cool in Charleston
- Local athletes make most of chance to run at Charleston
- It’s not hard to say goodbye at state
- Boys track: Rude leads Newman state qualifiers; Panthers win sectional
- Dixon’s Gieson qualifies for state in two events
- Boys track & field: Hawks finish off Le-Win, send all four relays to state
- Rock Falls, Sterling geared up for second meeting away from
- Duchesses building program one step at a time
- Preview capsules for 3A baseball and softball regionals
- Mixed martial arts: Local residents to compete in international jiu-jitsu tourney