Double-fatal crash still under investigation
OREGON – Ogle County Sheriff Michael Harn said Tuesday that his department is still investigating a head-on crash that claimed the lives of two Ogle County women on Thanksgiving Day.
Harn, who is waiting for the report from the accident reconstructionist, said it does not appear alcohol or illegal drugs were a factor.
Leslie A. Wallace, 28, of Oregon, and Christina L. Nave, 31, of Mount Morris, died at the scene of the crash in the 1000 block of West Pines Road, east of the intersection with Gale Road.
In a news release the day after, Harn said a Honda Civic driven by Wallace was eastbound on Pines around 9:45 a.m. when it struck the westbound Dodge Neon driven by Nave.
More Local News
- No info being shared on Crundwell loans
- Board to look at fees for lunch, driver's ed
- Sheriff, 911 agency in dispute
- Woman with head injuries no longer at Peoria hospital
- Mall tearing down vacant building