Champaign man gets 50 years for molesting girls
URBANA (AP) — A Champaign County judge has sentenced a 37-year-old man to 50 years in prison after a jury convicted him of molesting one girl and trying to molest another child.
The (Champaign) News-Gazette (http://bit.ly/SawRPK ) reports that James Davis was sentenced Tuesday after being convicted last month on charges of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and indecent solicitation of a child. The charges involved 6- and 8-year-old sisters.
Authorities say Davis came in contact with the children after he asked their mother if he could sleep in their home after a night of drinking.
Assistant State's Attorney Scott Bennett asked Judge Tom Difanis to consider a 65-year sentence. He says Davis has had at least 28 criminal and traffic convictions in his life and has been to prison five times.
More State News
- Panel recommends ammunition limit
- Quinn: Illinois has chance to make history
- Fire recruits help Rockford
- Quinn pushes for ban on high-capacity ammunition
- 'It's legalized robbery': State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions