Thank you for support of Crop Walk
We would like to thank everyone who helped with the 2012 Twin Cities Crop Walk on Oct. 21 starting at the Rock Falls First Christian Church. We had 100 walkers and raised more than $6,000.
From the ladies at First Christian Church who served refreshments to all the businesses and groups who donated to our cause, we thank you so much. Twenty-five percent of the proceeds went to the Sauk Valley Food Bank.
We had a lot of fun and were blessed with the generosity of this wonderful community. We hope that next year we can get more churches and organizations to walk with us so we can have an even better year. We walk because they walk.
Note to readers – Wendy Bley and Sue Insley were co-coordinators of the Crop Walk.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Save wildlife; stop mowing the roadsides
- Complaint that all kids weren’t allowed to play
- Seeks help to find families of 1944 draftees
- Group grateful for donations to buy building
- How the city could halt late payment fees