Fair
35°FFairFull Forecast
Pro Football Weekly Updated Draft Guide

Family picking up pieces after blaze

Donations can be made at church in Mount Morris

Published: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012 1:15 a.m. CDT
Caption
(Alex T. Paschal/apaschal@saukvalley.com)
Dixon firefighter Keith Gabany works at the scene of a fire the morning of Nov. 15 that destroyed the home of the Keene family at 1103 Carondelet Street in Dixon.

DIXON – The Keene family is recovering after a fire destroyed their Carondelet Road home Thursday.

An account for the family of four has been set up at Trinity Lutheran Church, 308 E. Brayton Road, Mount Morris. People can give money or buy gift cards. Call Barb Diehl at the church, 815-734-6354, for more information.

Josh and Robin Keene, their sons Ian, 13, and R.J., 4, lost everything in the fire, which originated near the dryer. They aren’t yet sure what their insurance will cover.

The American Red Cross, Lee County Branch of the Rock River Chapter, provided food and temporary lodging. The Keenes will live with relatives until they are able to move into a new home.

“We would just like to say thank you to those who have helped and the firemen,” Josh said. “We’re doing pretty good.”

Get breaking news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from Sauk Valley Media!

National video



Reader Poll

Do you agree with President Trump ordering a missile attack against Syria in the aftermath of Syria’s apparent use of chemical weapons against its own people?
Yes
No
Not sure
No opinion