Fair
73°FFairFull Forecast

Family picking up pieces after blaze

Donations can be made at church in Mount Morris

Published: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012 1:15 a.m. CDT
Caption
(Alex T. Paschal/apaschal@saukvalley.com)
Dixon firefighter Keith Gabany works at the scene of a fire the morning of Nov. 15 that destroyed the home of the Keene family at 1103 Carondelet Street in Dixon.

DIXON – The Keene family is recovering after a fire destroyed their Carondelet Road home Thursday.

An account for the family of four has been set up at Trinity Lutheran Church, 308 E. Brayton Road, Mount Morris. People can give money or buy gift cards. Call Barb Diehl at the church, 815-734-6354, for more information.

Josh and Robin Keene, their sons Ian, 13, and R.J., 4, lost everything in the fire, which originated near the dryer. They aren’t yet sure what their insurance will cover.

The American Red Cross, Lee County Branch of the Rock River Chapter, provided food and temporary lodging. The Keenes will live with relatives until they are able to move into a new home.

“We would just like to say thank you to those who have helped and the firemen,” Josh said. “We’re doing pretty good.”

National video



Reader Poll

An 82-year-old Sterling man recently parachuted from a plane for the first time. Would you ever skydive?
Yes, I've never done it but would try it
Yes, I've already skydived and enjoy it
No, I've never done it and don't want to
No, I've done it and don't want to again