Firearm deer season begins in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD (AP) – The Illinois firearm deer season begins Friday through Sunday and concludes Nov. 29 through Dec. 2.
Hunters harvested more than 98,000 deer during last year’s seven-day hunt. So far this year, about 334,000 permits have been issued.
The legal hunting hours for the firearm season are one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
Illinois Department of Natural Resources Director Marc is reminding hunters to be safe while enjoying the hunt.
In most counties, hunters who succeed in taking a deer during the firearm season must register online through the IDNR website or by phoning 866-IL-CHECK (866-452-4325).
More State News
- Quinn sets July 9 deadline for pension reform deal
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Ex-Chicago firefighter gets pension from prison
- OfficeMax wants tax breaks to stay in Illinois
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday