No cellphones in school zones
There is a law against using a cellphone in a school zone. I am appalled at all the people I see driving in a school zone using a cellphone, especially at the high school.
Well, around 9:30 a.m. Nov. 13, while I was traveling north on the Peoria Avenue bridge, I met a police cruiser coming south through the school zone to the bridge. Lo and behold, the officer had a cellphone to his ear, talking on his cellphone. What kind of example is that setting for the public?
I would think a little more enforcement of the law would be appreciated and, maybe, a little better example.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Picture worth a thousand words
- Children do better with mom and dad
- Ogle sheriff seeks public input on social network experiment
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance