Man found not guilty of attempted sex abuse
MORRISON – A Whiteside County jury deliberated about an hour and 15 minutes Wednesday before finding a Rock Falls man not guilty of trying to sexually abuse a teen girl in February.
Thomas Dugger, 42, was acquitted of attempted aggravated criminal sexual abuse after a 2-day trial.
Prosecutors accused Dugger of inappropriately touching a girl between the ages of 13 and 18.
Dugger was represented by Dixon attorney Paul Whitcombe. Whiteside County Assistant State’s Attorney Terry Costello was the prosecutor.
More Local News
- Academy kicks off fundraising drive
- Prevailing wage called 'crock'
- Dateline Dixon: Sit down for this walk down memory lane
- Another prosecutor needed
- Lee state’s attorney: Critically injured woman may not survive