4 teens arrested in fatal Granite City shooting
GRANITE CITY (AP) — Four juveniles have been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 54-year-old Granite City man.
Authorities in southwestern Illinois say an investigation by the Major Case Squad led to the arrests in Thursday night's killing of Charles Weiss. Police say Weiss was shot in an alley and told officers "they tried to rob me" before he died of his injuries.
Friends say Weiss was walking home from a nearby convenience store when he was shot.
Granite City Police Major Jeff Connor says the four suspects in custody are all males and three will be eligible to be charged as adults. Because of the holiday Monday, they won't be formally charged until Tuesday.
More State News
- Quinn sets July 9 deadline for pension reform deal
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Ex-Chicago firefighter gets pension from prison
- OfficeMax wants tax breaks to stay in Illinois
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday