Stretch of Coleta Road to be closed
MORRISON – The Whiteside County Highway Department will close parts of Coleta Road next week to replace two drainage tubes, it announced in a news release.
The closure will begin at 7 a.m. Tuesday and is expected to last 2 days, weather permitting.
The closure will be just south of Coleta and extend from Capp Road on the south to Penrose Road on the north, and then northerly from Penrose Road to Coleta, about 10 miles northeast of Morrison and 7 miles northwest of Sterling.
Coleta Road will be closed to all through traffic, but local traffic will have access during construction. No marked detours are planned.
For more information, call the highway department at 815-772-7651.
More Local News
- Annabella's nails it: Morrison mom's popular salon a family endeavor
- Business notebook: Starlight's upgrading dance floor
- Summer school work ahead in Sterling
- Treasure seekers drawn to Street Faire debut
- Who’s liable for smelly problem in Rock Falls?