Woman cited in school bus crash
STERLING – A Rock Falls woman whose car hit a school bus around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday was charged with running a red light, state police said.
Phyllis J. Garza, 57, was treated at CGH hospital and released, a CGH spokeswoman said.
Garza was stopped at the red light at 43rd Avenue in front of Walmart when, for an unknown reason, she drove out, striking the right front side of the bus, which was headed east on Lincolnway, state police said.
The bus, driven by Kay E. Shaw, 47, of Amboy, was taking 27 Amboy High School students from the Whiteside Area Career Center back home.
No one on the bus appeared to be hurt.
More Local News
- Pink Alley Rally: A night of music for good cause
- Dixon man charged with sexual abuse
- Village fund target of investigation
- Man gets 10 years for emailing porn
- Choir teacher resigns amid contests scandal