Court Call: A roundup of some of this week’s Sauk Valley court cases
SEX ABUSE CASE: Richard D. Nelson, 71, of Harmon; charged with two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Police say Nelson sexually abused a 14-year-old girl in 2010.
On the docket: Pretrial conference, during which the judge and attorneys will discuss matters concerning the case and set a trial schedule.
MURDER CASE: Nicholas T. Sheley, 33, of Sterling; charged with eight counts of first-degree murder and one count each of residential burglary and home invasion in the 2008 death of Russell Reed, 93, of rural Sterling.
On the docket: Trial continues.
More Local News
- Annabella's nails it: Morrison mom's popular salon a family endeavor
- Business notebook: Starlight's upgrading dance floor
- Summer school work ahead in Sterling
- Treasure seekers drawn to Street Faire debut
- Who’s liable for smelly problem in Rock Falls?