Rally Saturday for 1 percent tax
DIXON – A rally in support of a 1 percent sales tax in Lee County is planned for 9 a.m. Saturday at the Reagan statue on the Riverfront. The event is expected to last 15 minutes.
Lee County voters will decide on the tax in Tuesday’s election. County school districts would share the tax revenue based on their enrollments.
Dixon school officials said if the tax passes, they will dedicate the money to building a sports and activities center, estimated to cost between $10 million and $15 million. The tax is expected to bring in about $1.2 million a year for the Dixon district.
The other school districts generally plan to devote the money to existing buildings improvement.
For more information on the tax, email firstname.lastname@example.org or find We Are Dixon on Facebook.
More Local News
- ‘From your garbage to your garden’
- In Iowa, jobless rates are lower
- Business notebook: Rock Falls Dollar General on the move
- Eichman 'meant to be' in Rock Falls
- A national award, won very quietly in Erie