Lions thankful for support of Candy Day
On behalf of the visually and hearing impaired, the Lions Clubs of Dixon wish to thank you, the citizens of Dixon and the surrounding area, for your generous support of our Candy Day.
The Lions of Illinois Foundation will receive 60 percent of those funds for use in such activities as Camp Lions and other foundation projects. The remaining 40 percent will be retained by the Dixon Lions Clubs for use in local humanitarian services.
The following Dixon businesses also are thanked for underwriting the cost of candy and other supplies used in our successful Candy Day: The Telegraph, Wermers Decorating, Ace Hardware, Edward Jones Investments (R.K. Pettygrove, adviser), Books on First, Dr. Kurt Nelson (optometrist), and Mama Cimino’s Restaurant.
Thanks also to the post office, County Market, Walgreens Drug Store, Walmart, ShopKo and Dixon Food Center for use of storefront space to accept donations.
Note to readers – Don Pauser is treasurer and Jerry Pauser was the Candy Day chairman for the Noon Lions Club. AI Moine was chairman for the Evening Lions Club.