Park district offers free firewood
DIXON – The Dixon Park District invites the public to cut downed timber for firewood in various parks, free of charge.
First, woodcutters must sign a waiver form at the park district office, which is open from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 804 Palmyra St.
Park District staff then will provide information as to where the wood can be cut.
People must bring their own tools, and the wood from the Park Districtcannot be used for commercial purposes.
You don’t have to be a resident of Dixon to get the free wood, but the wood cannot be taken outside of Lee County, which is in the Illinois Department of Agriculture’s emerald ash borer quarantine area.
Call 815-284-3306 for more information.
More Local News
- No info being shared on Crundwell loans
- Board to look at fees for lunch, driver's ed
- Sheriff, 911 agency in dispute
- Woman with head injuries no longer at Peoria hospital
- Mall tearing down vacant building