Truesdell: County able to ‘maintain a balanced budget’
My name is Glenn C. Truesdell, and I am a candidate for re-election to the Whiteside County Board. I have been a member of the county board for the past 12 years.
I am currently chairman of the finance committee and the insurance committee. For the past 4 years, our employees have had a 0 percent increase in insurance premiums, and we have been able to maintain a balanced budget.
I am 67 years of age, and I am a Democrat. I have a bachelor’s degree from the University of Iowa, a master’s degree from Northern Illinois University, and graduate hours from the U.S. Sports Academy. I have been employed as a teacher, coach, administrator, athletic director and now substitute teacher at Rock Falls High School since 1969.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Picture worth a thousand words
- Children do better with mom and dad
- Ogle sheriff seeks public input on social network experiment
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance