Mental exam set for abandoned baby's mother
TOULON (AP) — A mental health expert will examine a 19-year-old central Illinois mother charged with dumping her 3-week-old daughter along a rural road for 12 hours and lying to police.
The Journal Star reports Friday ( http://bit.ly/Q6Hbns ) that Kendra Meaker of Toulon will next appear in Stark County court Nov. 16 when a judge could hear exam results and determine future proceedings. Meaker is charged with obstruction of justice and endangering the life of health of a child.
Prosecutors say that last month she abandoned her daughter and told police the baby was abducted, prompting an Amber Alert. Authorities say Meaker eventually told Illinois State Police and FBI investigators she left the baby on a roadside
Meaker remains jailed on $100,000 bond in the Stark County jail.
More State News
- Increased speed limit bill goes to governor
- Illinois Senate approves sex education bill
- Ill. General Assembly overrides 'Smart Grid' veto
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Top Ill. senator urges House vote on pension plan