Rockford College to change name
ROCKFORD (AP) – Rockford College plans to become Rockford University.
The 165-year-old liberal arts school will change its name on July 1.
The Rockford Register Star reports that trustees unanimously approved the name change on Saturday; faculty and staff were notified via e-mail Tuesday afternoon.
Rockford College began in 1847 as Rockford Female Seminary. It later became Rockford College.
Information from: Rockford Register Star, http://www.rrstar.com
More State News
- Panel recommends ammunition limit
- Quinn: Illinois has chance to make history
- Fire recruits help Rockford
- Quinn pushes for ban on high-capacity ammunition
- 'It's legalized robbery': State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions