Help students by supporting sales tax boost
I spent 11 years as a member of the Dixon Public Schools Board of Education. I have always been interested in the education of our youth. They deserve every advantage academically, athletically, and in the study of the arts.
We want well-educated Dixon citizens. For 1 cent per dollar, 10 cents per $10, or $1 per $100 in purchases (which doesn’t included groceries, medicines, car purchases or farm equipment or parts), a sports and activity center can be built. Not a bad investment for our youth.
Join me in supporting the 1 percentage point sales tax increase for facility purposes.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Picture worth a thousand words
- Children do better with mom and dad
- Ogle sheriff seeks public input on social network experiment
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance