Fire destroys Chicago warehouse, no injuries
CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities say an early morning fire that gutted a four-story warehouse on Chicago's Northwest Side has finally been extinguished.
No injuries were immediately reported. Fire officials say the warehouse was vacant
The Chicago Fire Department says more than 200 firefighters were on scene Sunday. The five-alarm blaze started before 2 a.m.
Authorities are investigating the cause. The fire spread through the top floors of the building and caused some floors to collapse. The fire prompted a hazardous response team.
More State News
- Scientists: Timber centuries old
- Quinn, lawmakers plan talks into July
- Madigan gets delay on gun court order
- Quinn, lawmakers plan pension talks into July
- Group: Illinois residents waste $1.4B on data plans