Walgreen profit falls, as expected
Walgreen 4Q profit falls 55 pct, tops forecasts
Walgreen Co.’s fourth quarter net income fell 55 percent compared with last year when a big gain inflated results for the nation’s largest drugstore chain.
A business split that drove away customers and a multibillion-dollar overseas expansion also put a sizeable dent in the Deerfield, Ill., company’s earnings.
Walgreen said Friday it earned $353 million, or 39 cents a share, in this year’s quarter. That compares to $792 million, or 87 cents a share, a year ago.
More Nation/World News
- Panel: Apple avoids billions in taxes
- Local director named to board
- Google's products dig deeper into people's lives
- Internet sales tax bill faces tough sell in House
- Clubs taking over Sin City