Adjust route of power lines around fields
Wires bend. The proposed power line could be routed around all the fields with existing or potential center pivot irrigation systems like those of farmer Gerard Widolff. (See SVM reporter David Giuliani’s article in the Telegraph on Sept. 17 titled “Power line could disrupt farms.”)
Of course, this would cost a little bit more than the straight line and be a little bit less efficient, but it’s Mr. Widolff’s land, among others.
The same applies to that Canadian-USA oil pipeline that needs to be routed around aquifers. Pipes bend, too.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Save wildlife; stop mowing the roadsides
- Complaint that all kids weren’t allowed to play
- Seeks help to find families of 1944 draftees
- Group grateful for donations to buy building
- How the city could halt late payment fees