71-year-old charged with child sex assault
STERLING – A 71-year-old Sterling man was arrested Thursday and charged with sexually assaulting a child younger than 13 seven summers ago.
James A. Schultz was in Whiteside County Jail, charged with predatory criminal sexual assault, which carries 6 to 30 years in prison. A bond hearing is set for today.
Sterling police and the Department of Children and Family Services began their investigation Nov. 28; the assault occurred in summer 2005, police said in a news release.
More Local News
- Academy kicks off fundraising drive
- Prevailing wage called 'crock'
- Dateline Dixon: Sit down for this walk down memory lane
- Another prosecutor needed
- Lee state’s attorney: Critically injured woman may not survive