DNR sets deer season dates
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunting will begin Oct. 1 this year for archers and Nov. 16 for regular firearms.
The agency says hunting for people who use muzzle-loading firearms will start Dec. 7 and the annual late-winter season for antlerless deer will run in two sessions that start Dec. 27 and Jan. 18.
The DNR on Thursday also announced that 10 counties that in the past have been open for the late-winter deer season this year will be closed. They are Cass, Christian, Henry, Johnson, Lawrence, Mason, Morgan, Tazewell, Union and Wabash counties.
More State News
- Quinn pushes for ban on high-capacity ammunition
- 'It's legalized robbery': State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions
- Cool temps help keep mosquitoes away
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce