Man in court for judge threat case
DANVILLE (AP) – A central Illinois man accused of issuing a death threat to a circuit judge says he was drunk and not taking his medication when the incident happened.
The News-Gazette reports Jon Hill of Home Gardens made the statement Wednesday during his initial hearing in Vermilion County Circuit Court.
Hill is charged with one felony count of threatening a public official. Hill says he was intoxicated and not taking the prescription medicine he needs for seizures and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Prosecutors say phone records show Hill called Circuit Judge Craig DeArmond’s home on Sunday and threatened to shoot him.
DeArmond presided over a case in 2008 when Hill faced a methamphetamine possession charge.
Hill’s bond is $100,000. He was ordered to have no contact with the judge or his family.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill