Tree program benefits available
SPRINGFIELD – Farm managers and nursery tree growers who suffered more than a 15 percent tree, bush or vine loss due to a natural disaster between Jan. 1, 2008, and Sept. 30, 2011, may be eligible for benefits from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Tree Assistance Program.
Losses of trees, bushes and vines must be filed within 90 days of the loss.
Go to www.fsa.usda.gov or dial ext. 2 at any Farm Service Agency office for more information. In Whiteside County, call 815-772-2124; Lee County, 815-857-3621, Ogle County, 815-732-6127, Bureau County, 815- 875-8732, and Carroll County, 815-244-8732.
More Agriculture News
- Students learn about agriculture
- Producers advised to keep conserving
- Still time to sign up for 4-H camp
- Income-eligible water damage loans offered
- FSA looking for land use data