DIXON – Twenty-nine Reagan Middle School students were suspended for a day and a half last week after participating in a food fight in the cafeteria, officials said Thursday.
One student was hit with a lunch tray.
Superintendent Michael Juenger told school board members that parents called him worried about their kids’ safety and citing concerns about a lack of supervision during lunch time.
Other parents were not happy with the suspensions, but the event was premeditated and posted on Facebook, Juenger said.
Parents need not be worried about students’ safety, School Board President Tom Balser said.
“While this is an unfortunate incident and it happened, we are delivering a safe environment,” he said.